3M EMI Tin-Plated Copper Foil Shielding Tape 1183
3M 1183 Tape consists of a 1-ounce deadsoft tin-plated copper foil backing and a unique electrically conductive pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive.
- 3M 1183 Tape is typically used for applications requiring excellent electrical conductivity from the application substrate through the adhesive to the foil backing.
- Common uses include grounding and EMI shielding in equipment, components, shielded rooms, etc.
- The tin plating facilitates soldering to the backing and resists oxidation and corrosion.
Many factors determine the true shielding effectiveness of a shielding tape, including...
- Type and thickness of foil
- Adhesive type
- Intimacy of contact
- Smoothness of application surface
- Strength and frequency of the EMI signal, etc.
For 3M 1183 Tape, typical shielding effectiveness (far field) is in the range of 70dB to 85dB (30 MHz to 1 GHz).