3M-Matic Adjustable Flap Folding Case Sealer 800rf3 with 3M AccuGlide 3 Taping Head
- Seals up to 15 cases per minute
- Randomly adjusts to handle multiple box sizes
- Three operation modes: Random, Fixed, Bypass
- Upper flap folding eliminates need for operator
- Dual side belt drives offer workhorse dependability for handling cases up to 85 pounds
- Designed for use with 3" Scotch® Box Sealing Tapes
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rf3 is designed to accept filled, regular slotted containers from an existing conveyor, fold the top flaps and apply a “C” clip of Scotch® Box Sealing Tape to the top and bottom center seams. Two side drive belt assemblies convey the cases through the machine at 10 - 15 CPM.
Features Side Belt Stabilization and Upper Flap Folding
Located on each side of the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rf3, traction-grip drive belts center and stabilize boxes for consistently accurate taping. Top major and minor flaps are automatically folded, eliminating the need for an operator. The cases are then sealed at the top and bottom center seams with a “C” clip of Scotch® box sealing tape. It is designed for use with 3" Scotch® Box Sealing Tapes.
Seals top and bottom of regular slotted containers from 5.5" to 20" wide, minimum 10" length and up to 20" high. Maximum weight: 85 lbs
Automatically Adjusts to Handle Random Box Sizes
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rf3 features dual side belt drives and upper and lower 3M™ AccuGlide™3 taping heads. The taping head automatically adjusts to box height and compression rollers position the top flaps of each box for precise sealing. Twin gearmotors provide power to the dual side drive belts which run at 78 feet per minute. It can be quickly shut down using the centrally located emergency stop switch. Dual side belt drives offer workhorse dependability for handling cases up to 85 pounds.
Three Operation Modes: Random, Fixed, Bypass
- 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rf3 may be operated in Random, Fixed, or Bypass mode. A selector switch is located on the top of the Electrical Control Panel.
- Random mode: the case sealer automatically adjusts itself for a wide range of case sizes, providing a tape seal on the top and bottom of the cartons. Random mode is considered the standard operating mode.
- Fixed mode: the case sealer runs multiple cartons of the same (fixed) size, providing a tape seal on the top and bottom of the cartons.
- Bypass mode: the case sealer passes certain containers through the machine, providing a tape seal only on the bottom of the containers. The top of these containers is not sealed.
About the 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Process
A regular slotted container is placed on the conveyor and pushed onto the drive belts of a 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer, which convey the box into the 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Heads. The 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head applies Scotch® pressure sensitive film box sealing tape at the leading end of the box continuing along the center seam to the trailing end. This is called a "C" clip application. The taping head cuts the tape as it is being applied. After the box is securely sealed, it exits the case sealer. Taping heads usually function in pairs to tape two seams of a case. When they tape the top and bottom, taping heads are mounted in an upper and lower configuration. Taping heads can also be mounted for sealing a case lying on its side.
3M Tapes designed for use with the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rf3
Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 353, 355, 371, 373, 375, 3071, 3072, 3073. And any of our other Scotch® or Tartan™ Box Sealing Tapes.
Product ID: 3M 800RF-3 UPC: 00-051111-18660-2, 00051111186602 Stock ID: 70-0066-5036-3, 70006650363