Norton offers a line of both synthetic (Crystolon and India) and natural (Hard and Soft Arkansas) abrasive benchstones. Choose one stone or a sequence of stones to quickly restore the cutting edge on all straight edge tools. All oil stones are porous in nature. Oil is required to keep the pores open and working efficiently. Typical applications include restoring the cutting edge on straight edged tools such as chisels, plane blades, wood lathe cutters, draw knives, spoke shaves, knives, and precision tools and delicate instruments.
- India - smooth cutting aluminum oxide abrasive, our patent for a fine finish for long lasting cutting edge; The choice of artisans, craftsmen and mechanics; Ideal for clean deburring, generating keen edges and quality finishes
- Preferred by woodworkers for sharpening straight blades and gouges
- Fine India is the finest synthetic stone combined with Soft Arkansas stones are the coarsest-grained and least dense of the natural stones frequently after sharpening with synthetic stones
- The use of oil with sharpening stones enhance the sharpening action and minimize the clogging of the stone's surface
- Norton Sharpening Stones have been the world leader for over 150 years