Norton offers a line of both synthetic (Crystolon and India) and natural (Hard and Soft Arkansas) abrasive benchstones. Choose one stone or a sequence of stones to quickly restore the cutting edge on all straight edge tools. All oil stones are porous in nature. Oil is required to keep the pores open and working efficiently. Typical applications include restoring the cutting edge on straight edged tools such as chisels, plane blades, wood lathe cutters, draw knives, spoke shaves, knives, and precision tools and delicate instruments.
- Crystolon - Premium silicon carbide abrasive for fast cutting stone; ideal for general sharpening of cutting tools; fast stock removal for quick edge shaping with minimal loading
- Benchstones are ideal for hand dimensioning and sharpening of all types of knives, plane blades, chisels, scrapers, or any other tool that needs a flat, sharp edge
- Arkansas - natural premium novaculite quarried in arkansas and available in soft and hard translucent for sharpest possible razor edges; Near mirror finishes; Use for finer honing after india stone
- The use of oil with sharpening stones enhance the sharpening action and minimize the clogging of the stone's surface
- Norton Sharpening Stones have been the world leader for over 150 years