Since 1823, Norton has been the leading supplier of conventional and diamond benchstones, waterstones, sharpening systems, files, slips and specialty stones for industrial, commercial and DIY sharpening applications. Norton comprehensive line of sharpening and finishing products is the industry’s broadest line with premier performance and quality.
- India - smooth cutting aluminum oxide abrasive, our patent for a fine finish for long lasting cutting edge; The choice of artisans, craftsmen and mechanics; Ideal for clean deburring, generating keen edges and quality finishes
- Soft Arkansas stones are the coarsest-grained and least dense of the natural stones and used primarily to sharpen and upgrade tool and knife edges to an even, polished surface, frequently after sharpening with synthetic stones
- Use the India side to achieve a sharp edges then use the Arkamnsas stide to hone for an even sharper edge
- The use of oil with sharpening stones enhance the sharpening action and minimize the clogging of the stone's surface
- Norton Sharpening Stones have been the world leader for over 150 years