Abrasive files hold their shape while imparting the finest, most uniform finish on precision machine parts and tool and die making. They are ideal for any deburring, chamfering or radiusing job or for filing delicate parts. Select the shape that matches the contNorton of the surface being stoned.
- Aluminum oxide abrasive produce a strong, keen, long-lasting edge and are the choice for the best blend of cut rate and finish
- Square file applications range from dimensioning keyways to maintain fit, stoning faces on router bits, touching-up edges of reamer teeth, lapping/honing to close tolerances to produce the finest edge on precision instruments, die work and delicate tools
- Coarse grit is the choice for restoring badly worn cutting edges and for all sharpening not requiring a keen edge
- The use of oil with sharpening stones enhance the sharpening action and minimize the clogging of the stone's surface
- Norton Sharpening Stones have been the world leader for over 150 years
- Restoring cutting edge on straight-edged tools such as knives, chisels, plane blades, or other tools