Abrasive files hold their shape while imparting the finest, most uniform finish on precision machine parts and tool and die making. They are ideal for any deburring, chamfering or radiusing job or for filing delicate parts. Select the shape that matches the contNorton of the surface being stoned.
- Silicon carbide abrasive is very sharp and fast cutting and recommended for applications where speed of cut is more important than the fineness of the cutting edges
- Square file applications range from dimensioning keyways to maintain fit, stoning faces on router bits, touching-up edges of reamer teeth, lapping/honing to close tolerances to produce the finest edge on precision instruments, die work and delicate tools
- Fine if preferred for producing sharper than average edges on woodworking tools, gouges, reamers, taps, auger bits and twist drills
- The use of oil with sharpening stones enhance the sharpening action and minimize the clogging of the stone's surface
- Norton Sharpening Stones have been the world leader for over 150 years