Abrasive files hold their shape while imparting the finest, most uniform finish on precision machine parts and tool and die making. They are ideal for any deburring, chamfering or radiusing job or for filing delicate parts. Select the shape that matches the contNorton of the surface being stoned.
- Silicon carbide abrasive is very sharp and fast cutting and recommended for applications where speed of cut is more important than the fineness of the cutting edges
- Triangular files are used for a variety of deburring, chamfering and radiusing applications including cleaning tap threads, stoning cutting surfaces of milling cutters, lapping honing tools, dies and molds, and putting precision points on center punches
- Fine if preferred for producing sharper than average edges on woodworking tools, gouges, reamers, taps, auger bits and twist drills
- The use of oil with sharpening stones enhance the sharpening action and minimize the clogging of the stone's surface
- Norton Sharpening Stones have been the world leader for over 150 years
- Restoring cutting edge on straight-edged tools such as knives, chisels, plane blades, or other tools