Abrasive files hold their shape while imparting the finest, most uniform finish on precision machine parts and tool and die making. They are ideal for any deburring, chamfering or radiusing job or for filing delicate parts. Select the shape that matches the contNorton of the surface being stoned.
- Silicon carbide abrasive is very sharp and fast cutting and recommended for applications where speed of cut is more important than the fineness of the cutting edges
- Round files are ideal for deburring, chamfering, radiusing, lapping, honing, cleaning radius tools to a burr-free edge, and dimensioning compound curves on templates
- Medium grit is recommended for producing an average edge on a broad range of tools
- The use of oil with sharpening stones enhance the sharpening action and minimize the clogging of the stone's surface
- Norton Sharpening Stones have been the world leader for over 150 years
- Restoring cutting edge on straight-edged tools such as knives, chisels, plane blades, or other tools