3M MS2 Splicing Rig
New demands in an age of information.
Every day, local loop providers work to provide enhanced customer services such as data access with faster Internet transmission, video-on-demand and video conferencing. Many are deploying DSL, ADSL and VDSL over Category 5 into twisted pair copper cable to meet these demands. As new technologies migrate into the local loop, the importance of connections in the embedded plant has increased. Each connection is a potential point of failure in high-bandwidth applications, which could require repair by a technician. That is where 3M connector modules make a real difference.
New solutions from a company you trust.
3M MS2 Next Generation Modular System Splicing tools and equipment are easy to use in any kind of splicing operation, regardless of the environment or working conditions. More than 200 tools are available to suit your needs with the reliability you have come to trust from 3M. Detailed step-by-step instructions for every kind of splicing application are included with all test equipment, parts and tools to provide splice integrity. Splicing is simplified and inventories minimized by allowing many jobs to be performed with the same basic components, tools and techniques. This simplified system means that any of the eight next-generation splicing rigs with MS2 splicing modules could meet all of your multi-pair splicing requirements in inside or outside plant such as new construction, cable rearrangements and maintenance. These procedures are easy to learn and designed to assure both splicing accuracy and good housekeeping.
Features and Benefits
- 4053-PM separation tool
- Easily separates DPM modules
- Addition of rear spring holders and unilength hooks to all kits
- Allows interruption-free cut-outs of existing splices
- Extra traverse clamp/head clamp in all double-head setups
- Increased craft productivity
- Extra check comb on all double-head setups
- Virtually eliminates wiring errors by double-checking tip and ring placement
- TMK support rig in two kits (replacing the 4046 split support tube)
- Allows maximum flexibility in mounting applications for pedestals, racks, manholes, etc
Product ID: 3M 4021 UPC: 00-051115-18524-3, 00051115185243 Stock ID: 80-6113-1170-7, 80611311707