Depressed center wheels may also be referred to as raised hub wheels or by their shape designation Type 27, 28 or 29, with Type 27 being the most popular. The depressed center design allows the flange/lock nut to recess within the wheel so that it can be used for various grinding and cutting applications. Depressed center wheels are designed to handle the most severe right angle grinding applications from heavy stock removal to rough blending. More recently, depressed center wheels have been designed for cut-off applications when the tool is proper designed with flanges and guards. While large right angle grinders (7" & 9") have been around for many years, small or mini grinders that handle 4", 4-1/2" and 5" wheels have made this machine, and wheel category, the most popular in power tools.
- Combination of patented SG (ceramic alumina) and NorZon (zirconia alumina) for 2X-3X better overall performance vs. competitive high performance zirconia or ceramic wheels
- 1/8 in. are designed to be used at a 90 degree angle for offhand cut-off, notching or cleaning pipes and weld beads
- High performance resin bond designed for free cut and long life
- Highest productivity and lowest total cost
- Designed for quick cutting on right angle grinders with proper flanges