Depressed center wheels may also be referred to as raised hub wheels or by their shape designation Type 27, 28 or 29, with Type 27 being the most popular. The depressed center design allows the flange/lock nut to recess within the wheel so that it can be used for various grinding and cutting applications. Depressed center wheels are designed to handle the most severe right angle grinding applications from heavy stock removal to rough blending. More recently, depressed center wheels have been designed for cut-off applications when the tool is proper designed with flanges and guards. While large right angle grinders (7" & 9") have been around for many years, small or mini grinders that handle 4", 4-1/2" and 5" wheels have made this machine, and wheel category, the most popular in power tools.
- A blend of R and D advanced chemistry and shape zirconia alumina abrasive with premium aluminum oxide grain for 2-3 times the life of aluminum oxide wheels, up to 20 percent increase in performance and life over our former zirconia alumina wheels
- Broad utility from light to heavy pressure applications, on a wide range of materials, excellent performance to price ratio for lower total grinding costs
- Contaminate free FastCut/INOX depressed center wheels for contain less than 0.1 percent iron, sulfur or chlorine for rust free and corrosion free results, will not contaminate stainless steel
- Excellent blend of performance and price
- All wheels are fully speed tested and comply with ANSI standards