Depressed center wheels may also be referred to as raised hub wheels or by their shape designation Type 27, 28 or 29, with Type 27 being the most popular. The depressed center design allows the flange/lock nut to recess within the wheel so that it can be used for various grinding and cutting applications. Depressed center wheels are designed to handle the most severe right angle grinding applications from heavy stock removal to rough blending. More recently, depressed center wheels have been designed for cut-off applications when the tool is proper designed with flanges and guards. While large right angle grinders (7" & 9") have been around for many years, small or mini grinders that handle 4", 4-1/2" and 5" wheels have made this machine, and wheel category, the most popular in power tools.
- Premium aluminum oxide for consistent performance at a competitive price
- Designed only for cut-off applications where a fast cut and minimum material loss are desired
- Contaminate free bond containing <0.1 percent iron, sulfur or chlorine for rust-free and corrosion-free results; will not contaminate stainless steel
- Consistent performance and low initial price
- Designed for quick cutting on right angle grinders with proper flanges
- With patented small diameter 5/8-11 In. integrated discard mount which provides 30% more wheel usage than competitor's hubs