Our Scotch® Filament Tape 8916 Clean Removal is specifically designed to hold appliance parts in place during manufacturing and shipping. Reinforced with continuous glass-yarn filaments, this high-performance tape provides high adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, but removes cleanly and is stain resistant on most finishes.
Durable Temporary Holding
Scotch® Filament Tape 8916 Clean Removal provides a reliable solution for temporary holding appliance parts and consumer goods during manufacture and shipping. Constructed with a clear, filament-reinforced, polypropylene backing, this tape is abrasion, moisture, scuff and break resistant, even if nicked or punctured. Its multi-layer synthetic-rubber adhesive system is specially formulated to provide high adhesion, stain resistance and clean removal on some surfaces. The synthetic adhesive bonds well to a variety of surfaces commonly used in packaging, such as corrugated cardboard, fiberboard, plastic and metals.
- Temporary holding and attachment applications
The World’s Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.
- Able to withstand rough shipping and handling conditions
- Adhesive offers clean removal and stain resistance on some finishes
- Designed for temporary holding applications such as holding appliance parts and other consumer goods together during manufacture and shipping
- Filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for box closing, bundling and more
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most fiberboard, plastics and metal surfaces