Primarily used for securing white boxes, Scotch® Filament Tape 896 is a high-strength, reliable and affordable solution for product and package. This filament-reinforced tape has a white, polypropylene backing that resists abrasion, moisture, scuffing and breaks, even if nicked or punctured.
High-Strength Solution for Splicing, Bundling and Strapping
Scotch® Filament Tape 896 provides an excellent solution for sealing boxes or cartons, reinforcing or strapping. This filament-reinforced tape has a white, polypropylene backing that resists abrasion, moisture, scuffing and breaks, even if nicked or punctured. This sturdy tape dispenses easily without curling for easy application and its multi-layer synthetic-rubber adhesive system prevents delamination. The synthetic adhesive bonds well to a variety of surfaces commonly used in packaging, such as corrugated cardboard, fiberboard, plastic and metals.
- Box sealing – especially for white boxes
- High strength reinforcing
The World’s Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.
- Able to withstand rough shipping and handling conditions
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for box closing, bundling and more
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most fiberboard, plastics and metal surfaces
- White high-strength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture