Primarily used for subsea flexible flow lines, risers and umbilical pipe, our Scotch® Filament Tape 8983P is a filament-reinforced tape that offers very-high tensile strength and excellent abrasion, moisture and scuff resistance.
Bundling and Strapping in Subsea Applications
Designed to perform in various subsea applications, Scotch® Filament Tape 8983P is an industrial-strength tape used in a variety of pipe wrapping applications that come under compression and tension. Constructed with a clear, filament-reinforced, polyester backing, this tape is abrasion, moisture, scuff and break resistant, even if nicked or punctured. Its pressure sensitive synthetic rubber adhesive is specifically formulated to provide adhesion to a variety of materials.
- Containing steel bands or wires used for armoring flexible flow lines, risers and umbilical pipe
- Backing and reinforcement for dynamic or static sub-sea applications under tension
- Bundling, reinforcing and strapping applications
The World’s Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for armoring flexible flow lines and umbilicals
- Industrial-strength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Strong reinforced backing is ideal for dynamic or static subsea applications under tension and compression
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most fiberboard, plastics, metals and oily surfaces