Primarily used for subsea flexible flow lines, risers and umbilical pipe, our Scotch® High Strength Filament Tape 890SR is a filament-reinforced tape that offers long-term holding power, very-high tensile strength, and excellent abrasion, moisture and scuff resistance.
Reinforced for Tough Applications
Designed to perform in various subsea applications, Scotch® High Strength Filament Tape 890SR is an industrial-strength tape used in a variety of pipe wrapping applications that come under compression and tension. Constructed with a clear, filament-reinforced, polypropylene backing, this tape is abrasion, moisture, scuff and break resistant, even if nicked or punctured. This sturdy tape dispenses easily without curling for easy application. Its pressure sensitive synthetic rubber adhesive is specifically formulated to provide good adhesion and long-term holding power. It is customizable and can be printed on with a print seal process to provide advertising and warning capabilities.
- Containing steel bands or wires used for armoring flexible flow lines, risers and umbilical pipe
- Backing and reinforcement for dynamic or static sub-sea applications under tension
- Coil tabbing and metal panel splicing
- Bundling, reinforcing and strapping applications
The World’s Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.
- Able to withstand rough shipping and handling conditions
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for armoring flexible flow lines and umbilicals
- Industrial-strength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Strong reinforced backing is ideal for dynamic or static subsea applications under tension and compression
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most fiberboard, plastics, metals and oily surfaces