Flap discs are versatile grinding and finishing tools having fNorton main components: abrasive flaps, flap density (how the flaps are stacked), backing plate (flat or conical shape), backing plate material (fiberglass/resin, plastic, aluminum). All flap discs have flaps that are overlapped and glued to the backing plate. The flaps wear during use exposing new abrasive grain. The different variations of the components above provide a variety of choices ranging from heavy stock removal to blending to finishing. Flap discs are designed for portable grinder applications and can be the preferred choice over depressed center wheels or fiber disc.
- High performance zirconia alumina abrasive with grinding aid for aggressive cut and long life providing up to 30% improved performance over competitive zirconia alumina products
- Type 27 have a flatter angle and are best used on flat surfaces for blending and smooth finishing
- Plastic backing plates add some conformability and are trimmable
- Coarse 36 grit for stock removal, beveling and edge chamfering
- Polyester/cotton backing combination for good cut rate and finishing
- Grinding, stock removal, edge deburring/chamfering, weld blending, deflashing, & finishing