Flap discs are versatile grinding and finishing tools having fNorton main components: abrasive flaps, flap density (how the flaps are stacked), backing plate (flat or conical shape), backing plate material (fiberglass/resin, plastic, aluminum). All flap discs have flaps that are overlapped and glued to the backing plate. The flaps wear during use exposing new abrasive grain. The different variations of the components above provide a variety of choices ranging from heavy stock removal to blending to finishing. Flap discs are designed for portable grinder applications and can be the preferred choice over depressed center wheels or fiber disc.
- High performance zirconia alumina abrasive with grinding aid for aggressive cut and long life providing up to 30% improved performance over competitive zirconia alumina products
- Type 29 have an angled face providing greater surface contact and are the best choice fast stock removal
- Fiberglass/resin backing plates are the most popular due to high strength, light weight and ability to absorb vibration
- Coarse/40 grit for stock removal, beveling and edge chamfering
- Y-wt. polyester flaps for significantly improve life, grain retention and fray resistance