A mounted wheel is a small grinding wheel permanently fastened to its own spindle. They are used is a multitude of operations in almost every industry and on a variety of machines. Extensively used in tool and die shops, aerospace and foundries for removing parting lines, deburring, and finishing. Mounted wheels come in an extensive numbers of shapes, grit sizes and bond types to satisfy all of these applications.
- For Excell-O center lap and similar machines
- Specially formulated wheel treatment for added lubricity to the wheel, minimizing risk of metallurgical damage
- Larger diameter spindle for minimum deflection, rigid support
- Precise dimensional tolerances for ensure accurate location of part centers
- Maximum operating speed is based on 1/2 in overhang