A mounted wheel is a small grinding wheel permanently fastened to its own spindle. They are used is a multitude of operations in almost every industry and on a variety of machines. Extensively used in tool and die shops, aerospace and foundries for removing parting lines, deburring, and finishing. Mounted wheels come in an extensive numbers of shapes, grit sizes and bond types to satisfy all of these applications.
- Quantum grain is a unique, engineered ceramic grain shape ideal for grinding carbide alloys used in oil field drill bits
- Quantum grain provide minimal loading and heat build-up and provides up to 3X metal removal vs silicon carbide
- For best performance, always run at the maximum allowable speed
- Coarse Grit for rapid metal removal and surface preparation
- Maximum operating speed is based on 1/2 in overhang
- Engineered for grinding carbide matrix material of oil field drill bits