A mounted wheel is a small grinding wheel permanently fastened to its own spindle. They are used is a multitude of operations in almost every industry and on a variety of machines. Extensively used in tool and die shops, aerospace and foundries for removing parting lines, deburring, and finishing. Mounted wheels come in an extensive numbers of shapes, grit sizes and bond types to satisfy all of these applications.
- Better choice for fast stock removal and long life
- Zirconia alumina / aluminum oxide abrasive blend for 35% faster cut rate than standard aluminum oxide, an aggressive, free cut, more parts cleaned in less time to substantially increase productivity
- Specially formulated organic bond for 2X greater life than ordinary aluminum oxide, reduces vibration and wheel chatter
- Ideal for removing parting lines, fins and small risers from castings, and smoothing and blending of welded areas
- Standard shank length is 1-1/2
- Maximum operating speed is based on 1/2 in overhang