Surface grinding segments are generally used to grind flat stock or flat surfaces within a workpiece. The segment moves over the workpiece in a flat plane or vice versa. Applications can vary from heavy, rapid stock removal to precision tolerance operations.
- Specially blended aluminum oxide abrasive for many surface grinding applications
- The porous vitrified bond increases chip clearance and maximizes coolant flow, reduces loading and is cool cutting in heat-sensitive applications
- For use in Hanchett, Mattison, and Norton chucks on surface grinding machines
- Good choice when a broad variety of parts are ground on one machine
- Consistent performance at an economical initial price