Surface grinding segments are generally used to grind flat stock or flat surfaces within a workpiece. The segment moves over the workpiece in a flat plane or vice versa. Applications can vary from heavy, rapid stock removal to precision tolerance operations.
- Revolutionary, versatile engineered ceramic grain shape and chemistry for maximum productivity; lowest total grinding costs
- The porous VSP vitrified bond increases chip clearance and maximizes coolant flow, reduces loading and is cool cutting in heat-sensitive applications
- For use in Hanchett, Mattison, and Norton chucks on surface grinding machines
- Best choice for all low, medium, and high-force applications ranging from cast iron, to stainless steel and hard-to-grind alloys
- Perform well on old and new machines with: 33 to 100% longer life versus competitive ceramic products, 30 +% higher metal removal rate, 15+% lower threshold power