Surface grinding segments are generally used to grind flat stock or flat surfaces within a workpiece. The segment moves over the workpiece in a flat plane or vice versa. Applications can vary from heavy, rapid stock removal to precision tolerance operations.
- Very durable and sharp ceramic abrasive blend for fast stock removal
- The porous VSP vitrified bond increases chip clearance and maximizes coolant flow, reduces loading and is cool cutting in heat-sensitive applications
- For use in Cortland chucks on surface grinding machines
- Best for grinding hard materials
- Self-sharpening abrasive; cool cutting; minimal dressing needed; maximum productivity