Cylindrical wheels are used most often when the part is held between centers and in chucks. There are three methods of cylindrical grinding: plunge, traverse, and angular. Plunge grinding wheels are thrust or plunged into the part, traverse grinding wheels move across the part, and angular grinding wheels contact the part at an angle.
- Premium abrasive and superior bond system produce high grinding G-Ratios (metal removal/wheel wear) for increased productivity
- Less wheel dressing means lower abrasive costs
- Hold form for better part geometry
- Engineered for easy use, grind cycles do not need to be altered, no special operator training is needed
- Better choice for longer wheel life