Depressed center wheels may also be referred to as raised hub wheels or by their shape designation Type 27, 28 or 29, with Type 27 being the most popular. The depressed center design allows the flange/lock nut to recess within the wheel so that it can be used for various grinding and cutting applications. Depressed center wheels are designed to handle the most severe right angle grinding applications from heavy stock removal to rough blending. More recently, depressed center wheels have been designed for cut-off applications when the tool is proper designed with flanges and guards. While large right angle grinders (7" & 9") have been around for many years, small or mini grinders that handle 4", 4-1/2" and 5" wheels have made this machine, and wheel category, the most popular in power tools.
- Combination of patented SG (ceramic alumina) and NorZon (zirconia alumina) for 2X-3X better overall performance vs. competitive high performance zirconia or ceramic wheels
- 1/4 in. are designed for offhand stock removal, smoothing welds and beveling
- Highest productivity, up to 10X the performance of aluminum oxide wheels, 50 percent or better cut rate than competitive zirconia wheels, easy on the operator and equipment
- Highest productivity and lowest total cost
- All wheels are fully speed tested and comply with ANSI standards
This item is Obsolete. Call us for additional information.