Depressed center wheels may also be referred to as raised hub wheels or by their shape designation Type 27, 28 or 29, with Type 27 being the most popular. The depressed center design allows the flange/lock nut to recess within the wheel so that it can be used for various grinding and cutting applications. Depressed center wheels are designed to handle the most severe right angle grinding applications from heavy stock removal to rough blending. More recently, depressed center wheels have been designed for cut-off applications when the tool is proper designed with flanges and guards. While large right angle grinders (7" & 9") have been around for many years, small or mini grinders that handle 4", 4-1/2" and 5" wheels have made this machine, and wheel category, the most popular in power tools.
- A blend of the most advanced zirconia alumina abrasive with premium aluminum oxide grain for 2-3 times the life of aluminum oxide wheels, up to 20 percent increase in performance and life over our former zirconia alumina wheels
- 1/8 in. are designed to be used at a 90 degree angle for offhand cut-off, notching or cleaning pipes and weld beads
- Reinforced for the most aggressive foundry applications
- Excellent blend of performance and price
- All wheels are fully speed tested and comply with ANSI standards
- With patented small diameter 5/8-11 In. integrated discard mount which provides 30% more wheel usage than competitor's hubs
This item is Obsolete. Call us for additional information.